Sunday, November 9, 2014

10,000 Words and Counting...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
So, this is how I feel this morning, wanting to scream into a pillow because I am having extreme writer's block and feel as though my novel should at this point, just be torn into tiny little pieces and flushed down the toilet so that I can start anew.
There.I said it.
But I'm really starting to like my two main characters and the relationship that they are creating with one another so I don't want to give up on them or their progress quite yet. 
I'm working with time shifts and keep coming up short handed, not sure how to portray how time has passed and what occurred between the years of the big event that I want to occur but can't be given away too soon in the story line.
Yesterday I loved every single one of my characters but I fear one or more of them might have to disappear because I'm not sure how much development I can give each one of them to make them likable and, more so, relevant to the story.
There is death and humor and underlying insanity all combined...
Sounds fantastic, right?!
Perhaps I have asked too much of my characters and they are simply sinking under the pressure of having to portray  any one of these attributes at any given moment that I may ask them to. They seem angry with me and unwilling to cooperate. Perhaps I should ask them out for a cup of coffee so that we can discuss what is expected of them and come out with some sort of compromise in the end.
Maybe I'm the one going insane.
OK. Vent is over and my head is a teensy bit more clear. Speak to me Lizzy Reynolds. What do you want out of this short 50,000+ word life? I'm listening.
All you have to do is speak up.

No comments:

Post a Comment